Bylaws and enforcement

Find out how to make a bylaw complaint. Visit our bylaw directory to find full text versions of our bylaws.

On this page

  1. Make a noise complaint
  2. Make a parking complaint
  3. Make an open air fire, nuisance or firework complaint
  4. Make other complaints

Make a noise complaint

To request enforcement, call 519-747-8785.

If the noise is taking place on a university campus, call:

Visit our noise exemptions page to find out if an event has a valid exemption.

Make a parking complaint

To make a parking complaint call 519-747-8785 or submit a complaint online.

Make an open air fire, nuisance or firework complaint

To request enforcement call 519-747-8785.

Make other complaints

Our online portal allows users to make complaints about a variety of bylaw concerns, including:

  • snow and ice on sidewalks
  • graffiti on private property
  • property standards and lot maintenance issues, such as long grass
  • proper licensing for a rental unit

Make an online complaint

Registration is required to make a complaint, but you will be able to track your request. By using our online portal the complaint is directed to an officer as quickly as possible.

You can also call 519-747-8785 or email to make a complaint. This phone line and email are only monitored Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.